Information FieldCore Collects and How We Use It
Collection of personal information
You may choose to provide personal information (for example your name, address, telephone number and email address) on this or other FieldCore websites, however not providing this may result in reduced functionality or the inability to submit a contact form. FieldCore’s usage of this information will be consistent with this Policy or the policy associated with the applicable FieldCore site.
This website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on this site or other FieldCore sites. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen, we will delete the information from our records.
Cookies contain small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit our website. Cookies are sent back to our website to allow us to recognize your device.
Recognizing your device with Essential Cookies allows our site to help you navigate efficiently to obtain the information and services you have requested.
Analytical and Customization Cookies allow our site to remember your preferences such as language selection and help you to view information that is most relevant to your interests; these cookies also help us to maintain and improve our websites by providing information on how visitors find and use the sites, and how well the sites are performing.
In some cases, Advertising/Marketing Cookies may be used to make messages and event notifications more relevant to you.
Unless you disable the cookies on our website, by using our website you agree to our use of those cookies.
Making cookie choices
You may see the list of FieldCore and selected partner cookies on our website and make choices about those cookies by visiting our Cookie Consent Tool found at the top of the website and change your settings at any time. In addition to our Cookie Consent Tool, most browsers allow you to manage cookie preferences. If you decide to disable cookies on our site, you may not be able to take full advantage of all website features once you have done so.
To enhance your experience on our websites, we sometimes embed content and sharing tools from other (third party) sites, such as “like” buttons from social networking sites; these 3rd party sites may also place and access cookies on your device. The 3rd parties can be found in our Cookie Consent Tool here. FieldCore does not control the placement or access of these 3rd party cookies. You should check the relevant 3rd party website(s) for more information about these cookies and whether and how you may make choices about them.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information collected about you for the following purposes:
• Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys and promotions by FieldCore or our affiliates (including by sending you marketing communications);
We also may use personal information for other additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection.
Sharing & Transfers
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our website visitors outside FieldCore and its affiliates, except as described here.
• We may share information provided by our visitors to this and other FieldCore sites with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
• We may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials as required to comply with a legitimate legal request, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
• We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
At FieldCore, our goal is to protect your personal information submitted to us through our sites. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this and other FieldCore websites. We also employ reasonable technologies to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure.FieldCore has entered into Binding Corporate Rules governing our treatment of personal information of European Union residents. For further information about FieldCore’s Binding Corporate Rules, please read below
How We Protect Your Information
At FieldCore, our goal is to protect your personal information submitted to us through our sites. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this and other FieldCore websites. We also employ reasonable technologies to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements or policies in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites.
How to Contact Us and Update Your Personal Information
California Privacy Rights
Annually California residents may request and obtain information that FieldCore shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year (as defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”). If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which FieldCore shared this information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to FieldCore.DataProtection@ge.com with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line as well as in the body of your message. We will then respond to that email address with the requested information.
Mobile Information We Collect
• Personally identifiable information (e.g. Name, email address) we collect consists only of what you share with us. For example, our contact page may ask for this type of information so that we may contact you by phone or email at your request. You choose what, how, and when you want to share.
• If you use any location-enabled products, you may be sending us location information. FieldCore does not store or use this information other than to provide the service you requested. For example, a mobile product may use GPS data to find a nearby restaurant you requested. Location-enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time.
• Some mobile applications will utilize Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve our customers through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to FieldCore. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
• Use of 3rd party services such as social sharing sites (e.g., Facebook & Twitter) is governed by the privacy practices of those services. FieldCore does not capture or store your login information or other personally identifiable information for these services, however session info or cookies may be stored.
Mobile How We Use Collected Information
• We use the information to personalize your experience with the application and to improve your overall experience including the development of new products, services, and features. We also use the information to provide customer support, and when applicable, register and administer your account. Additionally, we may use the information you provide to contact you about updates to our service.
• Information you provide may be used to fulfill the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. For example, if you authorize a purchase through a mobile eCommerce application, we will use provided information to ship and bill you.
Mobile Information sharing
FieldCore does not share any collected information with 3rd parties with the following exceptions:
• FieldCore may provide some personal data to 3rd party partners that are providing services essential to your mobile user experience.
• All requests are sent through your mobile carrier’s network and your carrier may have access to it. Consult your carrier’s privacy policies for additional information.
• Certain mobile products and services and manufacturers allow you to interact and share your information with others. For example, you may want to Tweet or post to your Facebook page content from a FieldCore mobile application. Consult your mobile device manufacturer, or mobile product or application developer’s privacy policies for additional information.
FieldCore’s Commitment to the Protection of Personal Information
FieldCore respects the privacy rights of individuals and is committed to handling Personal Information responsibly, in accordance with applicable law and FieldCore’s Commitment to the Protection of Personal Information (the “Commitment”), described below. The Commitment sets out FieldCore’s principles for the treatment of Personal Information subject to the European Data Protection Directive or analogous Member State legislation.
The Commitment establishes a legal basis for cross-border transfers of Personal Information within the FieldCore Service Solutions International LLC. Additionally, FieldCore may carry out cross-border transfers of Personal Information to 3rd parties outside FieldCore Service Solutions International LLC in accordance with applicable law. FieldCore will handle Personal Information in accordance with the Commitment where applicable, unless in conflict with stricter requirements of local law, in which case local law will prevail.
The Commitment establishes FieldCore’s obligations concerning the processing of Personal Information subject to the European Data Protection Directive or analogous Member State legislation. Such Personal Information will be protected in accordance with that legislation regardless of geography or technology, when used within FieldCore Service Solutions International LLC.
Processing Personal Information
FieldCore observes the following principles when processing Personal Information:
Fairness: FieldCore will process Personal Information fairly and lawfully.
Purpose: FieldCore will limit the processing of Personal Information to the fulfilment of FieldCore’s specific, legitimate purposes. FieldCore will only carry out processing that is compatible with such purposes unless FieldCore has the unambiguous consent of the individual to process the data for unrelated purposes.
In general, FieldCore will process Personal Information:
• where FieldCore has a legitimate interest that, on balance, justifies the processing;
• where necessary for the maintenance or the performance of a legal relationship between FieldCore and the individual;
• where necessary for complying with an obligation imposed on FieldCore by applicable law, regulation, or governmental authority;
• where there are exceptional situations that threaten the life, health or security of the individual or of another person; or after obtaining the individual’s freely given, explicit and informed consent where required by applicable law.
Where consent has been obtained, FieldCore will provide a process to allow individuals to withdraw their consent in accordance with applicable law, at any time and without charge.
Proportionality: FieldCore will limit the processing of Personal Information to that which is adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which FieldCore collects and uses it. Further, FieldCore will make reasonable efforts to limit Personal Information to the minimum necessary for these purposes.
Information Quality: FieldCore will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate and kept up to date, to keep Personal Information only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it is collected and used, and to delete or to render it anonymous after such retention requirements have been met.
Transparency: Where required by applicable law, FieldCore will make available to individuals at the point of collection, or within a reasonable period of collection, information about FieldCore’s identity; the purposes and nature of processing their Personal Information; intended recipients and cross-border data transfers; source(s) of Personal Information; how individuals may exercise their rights regarding Personal Information; and additional explanations as needed to ensure fair processing. Where FieldCore collects Personal Information through the Internet or other electronic means, FieldCore will post an easily accessible privacy notice with these elements.
Confidentiality: FieldCore will maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information it processes, except where disclosure is required by an applicable operational or legal requirement. This obligation will continue even after the relationship with the individual has ended.
Security: FieldCore strives to protect Personal Information with appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure its integrity, confidentiality, security and availability.
Sharing and/or Transferring Personal Information
FieldCore may share or transfer Personal Information in the following circumstances:
• Personal Information may be shared within FieldCore Service Solutions International LLC for the purposes specified above, provided the FieldCore Service Solutions International LLC entity processing Personal Information adheres to the Commitment.
• FieldCore may transfer Personal Information to 3rd parties hired to perform services on FieldCore’s behalf, subject to applicable law. The 3rd parties will have access to Personal Information solely for the purposes of performing the specified services and may transfer Personal Information globally in accordance with the principles specified in the Commitment and with FieldCore’s instructions, including a relevant data transfer mechanism. FieldCore will select reliable 3rd parties and will strive to ensure that new supplier engagements provide for processing and security of Personal Information in accordance with the Commitment and applicable law.
• FieldCore may disclose certain Personal Information to other 3rd parties where required by law, to protect FieldCore’s legal rights, or in an emergency where the health or security of any person is endangered.
• Personal Information will only be shared for a 3rd party’s research and/or promotional purposes with the consent of the affected individuals where required by law.
Processing of Sensitive Personal Information
Where FieldCore processes and/or transfers Sensitive Personal Information FieldCore will inform the individual of the processing and/or transfer and obtain explicit consent for such processing and/or transfer when FieldCore is required to do so by law.
FieldCore employs privacy practices designed to support its compliance with the Commitment and applicable law, including the appointment of a network of privacy leaders, education and awareness programs, incident response protocols, privacy impact assessments, audit routines and a Privacy by Design approach to process and system development.
An individual who has satisfactorily established his or her identity to FieldCore may exercise the following rights in relation to Personal Information FieldCore holds about him or her:
Access: Where required by local law, FieldCore will provide an individual Personal Information about him or her that FieldCore holds, including information concerning the source of the Personal Information, the purposes of any processing by FieldCore and the recipients, or categories of recipients, to whom such Personal Information is disclosed.
Correction and Deletion: Valid requests for correction or deletion of Personal Information which is incomplete, inaccurate or excessive will be respected, except that deletion will not be performed where retention is required by the contractual relationship between FieldCore and the individual, in the context of a legal dispute or other legal retention requirement, or as otherwise required by law.
Objection: FieldCore will cease processing Personal Information where an individual’s objection is justified under applicable law, for example where the individual’s life or health is at risk due to the processing. An individual also has the right to object to decisions based solely on automated processing of Personal Information that produce legal effects which significantly affect the individual involved, except where the individual requested the processing, or when necessary for the legal relationship between FieldCore and the individual. In the latter case, the individual may give his or her views on the automated decision. An individual has the right to object to processing of Personal Information by FieldCore for marketing purposes where allowed by applicable law.
Complaints: Any individual who claims to have suffered damage as a result of non-compliance by FieldCore Service Solutions International LLC with the Commitment, including when committed by FieldCore Service Solutions International LLC located outside the European Union, may file a complaint with the applicable FieldCore Service Solutions International LLC Privacy Leader or Compliance Officer, or with FieldCore’s Complaint Handling Processes available on FieldCore’s websites if other channels are unavailable or exhausted:
• Internal concern reporting: FieldCore.DataProtection@ge.com
• External concern reporting: FieldCore.DataProtection@ge.com
Enforcement: An individual who has suffered damage as a result of an unlawful processing operation or a breach of applicable privacy law or of the Commitment may be entitled to receive compensation for such damages from the European Union (EU) FieldCore entity exporting Personal Information for the damage suffered. An individual may enforce his/her rights under applicable law and as provided in the Commitment, by direct recourse to the courts or other judicial authority in the jurisdiction of the EU FieldCore entity exporting Personal Information or administratively before a competent Data Protection Authority. Where permitted under local law, FieldCore may specify alternative mechanisms for resolving disputes.
Cooperation with Supervisory Authorities
FieldCore will cooperate with any regulatory authority responsible for supervising applicable privacy laws that has good cause to question any processing of Personal Information by FieldCore, and will comply with their legally binding decisions on issues related to the Commitment.
Changes to the Commitment
FieldCore reserves the right to modify the Commitment. Any changes will be submitted to the relevant Data Protection Authority as required, and will be posted promptly on FieldCore EU web sites once effective.
Personal Information is any information within the scope of the Commitment relating to an identified natural person or a person who may be identifiable by reasonable means that is obtained in the context of an individual’s relationship with FieldCore. Such personal information may include employment data, customer data and supplier data.
Sensitive Personal Information, a special category of Personal Information, is information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sex life, health or medical records and criminal records.
* Trademark of General Electric Company
1A proposal to transfer Power Services field services fulfillment activities and related support functions in Europe to FieldCore and the proposed organization design is being discussed with employee representatives across Europe as appropriate and where required by law before any final decisions are taken. This process is likely to take some months and the proposed transfer to FieldCore to be implemented on a phased country by country basis.